Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Socializing

MySpace, YouTube, Facebook, del.icio.us, Digg, flickr, StumbleUpon etc. etc. etc.... all of them are asking you to socialize and are giving you a thousands of options how to meet, mingle and socialize with people from all over the world...

And then it cross my mind how old folks said that internet is for associal people... Yeah, right...

Before the WWW, people met other people in kindergarden, school, maybe college, work, bar, thru other friends etc... if they were social enough to introduce themselves...

At some point, they got married, had a few kids and thats it... Thru one life time period they had maybe 50-100 "friends"...

In this era of WWW we can all easily meet and chat with cca 10-20 new people every day!

We can stay in touch with them much longer then one summer, one school year etc. and have much more fun and quality talk then seating in a bar with a group of friends.

All that I do all day is involved with socializing online... I surf from page to page, thinking - "Hey, I could send this to my boyfriend", or, "Hey, this could be interesting to xy..." and so on... I surf on Digg, I write a few blogs (yes, a few :D), I bookmark on del.icio.us, sometimes stop by at myspace etc... socializing all day long...

So, can they still tell me that we are antisocial?! :D

0 komentari: