Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Google Invasion

First, lets get something straight - I love Google. "Google is my friend."

I use Google every day in every way...

And all of my friends use google...

If someone is not using it and ask me a stuid question, I send him a link to google or justfuckinggoogleit.com ...

But, I started to think about it... Shouldn't we be concerned about the way Google is crawling into our lives?

Something that started as nothing but a search box, suddenly is browsing not only web, but 90% of our lives.

You don't believe it? Lets take a look...

1. We have a google search. Most of people that I know of don't use any other search. And not only that, but the word google is a synonym for search... We don't say "go and search for that", we say - "go and google it", even on my native language - croatian, we say - "proguglaj" referring to the google search.

2. Do you use gmail? I do, my friends do, everyone I know - do... Even if they mostly use some old e-mail address from yahoo etc., they have gmail also... You can be sure of that... I have more than one official e-mail address, but I handle them through gmail.

3. Do you have a blog or web-page? You are using google adsense, aren't you?

4. Now, there is still a lot of google applications for which you maybe haven't heard... YET... But they are still here... Just waiting to become a part of our lives...

Lets see some of them:
Google Desktop - google brings news to your desktop, google brings weather and all those small gadgets which we love... You can even have your own virtual plant on google desktop...

Google Earth - why going out? You can see far away countries right here on your screen... In your comfortable chair without worryng what visa do you need for that country, do you need vaccine, how to get there etc. etc. etc.

Google Finance - business info, news, interactive charts

iGoogle, Maps, News, Notebook, Google Video, Code, Labs, Blogger, Calendar,
Docs&Spreadsheets, Picasa, Talk, Translate, Mobile, SMS, free software, web
accelerator
...

Whatever you want, whatever you need - they have it... GOOGLE HAS IT ALL...

They even have a worldwide store... I can already imagine shopping everyday groceries in Google store and having them delivered in my home... And all of them with google logo... :D

Doesn't that seem scary to you?

Where are those paranoids with conspiracy theories now?

Doesn't it seems like Google is taking over the world?

Bit by bit he is crawling inside of our homes... Bit by bit with their spiders...

On the other hand, lets try to imagine the world with Google taking it over
(according to how they treat their employees - at least as much as I heard):

Everyone woulf work when they like and in the field that they work the best... We would all have pools... :D

Food would be delivered right to our homes so that we dont waste our time on buying grocieries in the shop. We could go out in restaurants only if we want to mingle and socialize face to face. Everything that we would need would be "free" because there would be no money any more. Our money would only be a figure on our Google account. When we work, the figure would grow, when we spend, the figure would go down. Cause, google would own everything... No need to pay with cash...

We would have more time to spend with our children because we could all be online together. They could even attend schools over the virutal classrooms... Hell, we would even socialize online and go to virtual restaurants...

No thieves, no crime, because google would make a better place for everyone and
we would all work our best to stay that way...

Hm, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing, wouldn't it? :D

Ok, ok, I know, I'm exaggerating, but I think you got the point...

Now, what do you think about all this?

2 komentari:

Anonymous said...

i believe the Invisible hand wil do the work for us in that case too.

the crowd is not fool and if google will stop doing no evil we will have the power to cut it off.

in seconde thought, i hope so...

Anonymous said...

I agree that it IS scary in a way and that we use it for SO much!! I use it for a blog for my church, my email, my documents, my photos, my blog feeder (reader), i use it to keep wish lists (froogle) and shop, I use it of course, to search...

I guess, it is a bit scary. It's still boggling to me that they can provide the basics of all of this for free to the normal consumer!!!